- Burton started third in his DEX Imaging Tundra.
- He pitted for right-side tires during an early caution on lap 28. Although it dropped him back to seventh, the payoff came when he ended the stage in fourth place and he assumed the lead by not pitting during the stage break.
- Burton dominated the second 45-lap stage leading from start to finish.
- When the pits opened on lap 94, he came in for four tires and fuel to finish the race.
- Burton was second to start the final 60-lap stage.
- He settled into fourth place for most of the remaining laps, but a caution with nine laps to go changed the landscape of the race.
- The race resumed with three laps remaining and Burton was fourth. He fought for the lead, but did not want to risk any altercation with his KBM teammate Noah Gragson who was fighting for the final spot in the championship race next weekend.
- He crossed the finish line third, tying his best finish earlier this season at Iowa Speedway in June.
Harrison Burton, driver of the No. 51 DEX Imaging Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports:
Talk about your race tonight:
“I’m kind of disappointed. We had a really fast DEX Imaging Tundra and won a stage, which is good. We’re making steps towards a win, we just need to put it all together. It’s hard when you see that you could have won, but you don’t end up in Victory Lane. We’ll learn from it, move on and get better.”